Contractor Expectations Checklist
- Adequate insurance coverage. Your contractor should carry insurance to protect your home from accidental damage.
- Additional warranty and workmanship coverage. Your contractor should be able to offer an extended warranty that may include workmanship coverage.
- Quality materials. Not all roofing products are the same, so be sure your contractor works with a name you can trust.
- Written estimate. Your contractor should provide an estimate that includes an accurate description of the work to be performed, plus work that may have to be contracted out.
- Code compliance. Your contractor should know and be in compliance with all local building codes.
- References. Ask for references and call a few of them.
What You Should Ask
Will they perform a thorough inspection?
In addition to checking for storm damage, your contractor should perform a thorough inspection of the entire roofing system, including the deck, attic, flashing, chimney, soil stacks and other roof penetrations
Will they install underlayment?
Depending on several conditions, additional ice and water underlayment between the shingles and the wood deck may be needed to help prevent ice damming, wind driven rain or collected water.
Will they follow the manufacturer’s specifications?
Your contractor should be familiar with and follow all manufacturer’s specifications since improper application can affect your manufacturer’s warranty.
Will they provide an explanation of your warranty?
Your contractor should explain your warranty and be clear about whom to call with a problem. Find out if defective shingles are replaced for prorated replacement cost or original cost and if labor charges are additional.
Will they check for adequate ventilation?
Your contractor should check the existing attic ventilation and explain the importance of proper ventilation. Improper ventilation can damage your shingles and invalidate your manufacturer’s warranty.
Will they explain how your roofing system works?
Your contractor should offer a thorough explanation of the entire roofing system and how all the parts work together so you can make educated decisions.
BROWN ROOFTOPS OFFERS A WIDE VARIETY OF SERVICES, FROM ROOF REPAIR TO INSTALLING A WHOLE NEW ROOFING SYSTEM.
Our residential roofing services include:
We service the entire states of Georgia and South Carolina.
Call Today for a FREE Inspection GA (770) 895-1658 | SC (843) 447-0420.
Our Happy Clients
Richie showed up quickly and fixed my roof at a very reasonable price. He saved me thousands since he said my roof still had 5-10 years left on it.
Brown Rooftops put on a Green roof on my white house with green shutters and it became one of the best looking houses in the neighborhood.They also repaired the front porch railing and painted the trim with no problem. Company was fast and professional. Worked very hard! We were not disappointed.
Great experience from the start. Got all my questions answered on my first call, and my roof inspection was done quickly. They handled all paperwork, and my roof was replaced really fast.